Nuffnang

Friday 20 November 2009

Starting of the Holidays..

“You don’t deserve to become a treasurer because it’s not just about collecting money, keeping money and paying money!”
.
Oh, shit! That’s a bit too much! All my efforts are flushed down the toilet bowl yesterday morning. That’s it! How do you expect everything in this world to follow a certain rule and move? Is selling t-shirts a big business whereby you need quotations and purchase order, why not you ask for invoice, credit notes etc?! That’s why I hate a lot of accounting, business, law or even IT; they are all just following RULES! Anyway, it’s about half a year more to go. And this burden is going to be passed on for the next batch unless she is changed.
.
So fast and it’s already Saturday. I will be having a camping trip tomorrow, a so-called team building camp for 3days 2nights. I love to go for these kinds of adventurous trips especially camping and expeditions whereby you will get to learn many things which you won’t be able to learn in the classroom, that’s how I landed in joining scout during my secondary. Hmm. Actually I had one very bad experience about camping and I think I was in form 2 at that time. It was the entirely the teacher’s fault actually.
.
We had a district “kembori” somewhere in Templers Park at that time and it actually started on a Friday evening. So each participant was supposed to arrive there about 5pm but my school was excused to be late for about an hour because most of my group members were in the afternoon session. Things got even worse when my stupid lazy teacher didn’t appeal to the headmistress to allow us to leave the class earlier, so we started our journey from school about 7pm after that. After having a tough ride in bus and fighting against the traffic, we reached there about 9pm. Other participants were socializing but my group was still building our tent. I can say that we didn’t have any luck on that day as downpour started when we were half way through building our fence. We were already attacked by the heavy rain but we might be attacked by snakes as well as we haven’t pour sulfur around our camp site.
.
As time went by, my camp site was flooded but we have to bear with it right until about 1 am. That was the time we rebuild our camp site and had a nice pack of Maggie Noodle as our dinner + supper. Anyway, the best moment during that camp is I was given the honor to raise the district flag during the closing ceremony. Too bad that I do not have any pictures during my scouting days but I managed to improve my skill by making mini-models.










Don’t be surprise that I was to only Chinese joining the scout. By the way, the mini tower was what I gave to my close friends who joined Police Cadet and Rangers.
.
Enjoy and have a nice day^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang