At last, I got some time to spend for blogging. I can't believe that this is the first time that I finished both my triggers on a Friday night. Phew. And Chinese New Year is just around the corner, I am just praying that I have more time to spend, so that I can make sure that myself is really prepared for the new year. Anyway, let's not talk about that for now.
FACEBOOK. I am sure everyone knows about this social networking site, even my niece at the age of 7 has an account to log on. Come on, the world has changed. It is alright if everyone uses it in a rational or appropriate manner, but do you know that there is cybercriminals preying for victims on the internet or perhaps Facebook? But some people are just too willingly to "expose" themselves to strangers, for example posting some status which is non-sense. You know, some people will just like to tell everyone that they are eating, sleeping, taking bath, going to "where where where" etc everyday without failed.
Ok. Just some of the statistics done in Malaysia, Malaysians have the highest number of friends and each person spent an average of 9 hours a week on Facebook. And it MAYBE the highest number of Facebook crimes recorded as well. People are just too naive and didn't realise that there are some "crack-pot"s are too free and hack into one's account and play around. Do you know that this can be prevented ?
Just some tips to overcome:-
1. Never post your address, phone number or email address.
2. Filter the photographs you choose to upload to Facebook.
3. Understand Facebook's security settings and use them.
4. Do not accept Friend Requests from strangers.
5. Remember to log out of your Facebook account esp. when you are using public computers,
6. Control who can see your personal information.
7. Don't share your password with anyone.
8. Block users who send you unwanted content.
9. Think twice before clicking on any links.
10. Use strong passwords and change your password frequently.
11. Be wary of seemingly harmless quizzes that request access to your personal information.
Sometimes you may not realise whether you have posted something inappropriate but I really hope that this can really help everyone.
Enjoy and have a nice day