Nuffnang

Saturday 3 September 2011

"Mat Sabu" for Independence Day

When you flip thro' the newspaper for these few days, I am sure that this "Mat Sabu" issue is one of the hot article! It came to my surprise when he claimed that our Father of Independence, Tunku Abdul Rahman and Dato' Onn Jaafar were British officers and not the true heroes for our Independence Day! Oo, What a crap it is! Perhaps he is just want to twist the history and trying to make more publication for his election party! Anyway, he should look thro' these justifications (Mat Sabu 'a traitor') from the true heroes.

Everyone around me is going off to somewhere but I am still stranded in KL and waiting for my posting. Unfortunately, I have been waiting for more than 3 months already. I am still wondering whether I will still be jobless until the end of September. So, it was another farewell for one of my buddies. He is leaving for UK to further his studies, so we had a farewell gathering (lunch buffet) for him at a Japanese Restaurant, Umai-ya (IOI Puchong Jaya Boulevard).

Lunch buffet menu (RM48++; many items were actually crossed with red pen before we have started to order e.g. Unagi!)

 
The ambiance (Walkway)

Soft shell crab 

Sukiyaki 

Various BBQ stuff (Sad to say that some actually ran out of stock within less than an hour but I have no idea why they want to state that it "Eat and Drink all you can!")

Various sashimi (Very limited choices but luckily it's fresh)

Fried bean curd 

 Salad


  They were forced to smile after they have been told that the beef stick actually FINISHED for a buffet!


Limited choices of ice-cream, only chocolate, wasabi and green tea ice-cream were available. As for drinks, green tea, coke and Tiger beer were available.

** As for half a dozen of oysters, you need to pay extra which is at RM15 (consider promotional price). And sadly, no fresh prawns as well...




Here comes the bill. Look at the quantity of ice-creams that we had consumed. =) Anyway, it is just a farewell lunch. The people who were present were more important than the food.

Overall, not too good for me (~ 2.5/5 rating) because I think you just need to pay a bit more extra and you can get much better food at other Japanese restaurants e.g. Jogoya, Saisaki, Shogun etc.

Enjoy and have a nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang