Nuffnang

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Customer Services

Unexpected.. Really unexpected.. I didn't know that I got so many friends, my birthday wishes exceeded 100. That was crazy! Anyway, thanks everyone.

.


Some customer services are really bad nowadays. I can't deny that companies are now keeping on hiring staffs without giving any proper trainings. So that is why customer services are now becoming from bad to worse. Sometimes I am not sure whether these people understand what is customer service. Some may just think that it is just about crapping with the customer without giving any proper information and customers will just blindly accept what they say! Mainly it is because they know that consumers do not know how to "complain" or knowing their consumers' rights.
.
Last week, I met with such an incident. I went for photo printing at one of the photo shop near my place. I gave the soft copy exactly 1 week before I need it because the shop keeper says that she needs 1 week to process it as she needs to handle this to her HQ. As 1 week went passed, no calls from them. So I called up the branch which I went to, but my phone was not answer. Then I called up the HQ, they said that that branch has closed down and my photos transferred to another nearby branch. Fine, I double confirmed with that branch to make sure that my photos were there. Surprisingly, they said that they did not have my photos because they had lost the softcopy.
.
What a crap! See, I don't know where is their sense of responsibility. First, if the branch that I went to was closed down, why can't they call me up and tell me about this. I don't mind if you call me to collect at another branch as long as I can get my photos on time. And secondly, if they lost the softcopy, why can't they call me up and let me know earlier, so that I can provide them with another softcopy. After that, I called them to provide me a solution as I need the photos on that day itself, but they kept on saying that they need to follow the proper procedures which they will take another 2 working days to process the photos. I was very reluctant because they are trying to find an easy way to out without solving the case, 1 of the branch even said that "I pay you back the deposit lar!" How rude is she!
.
Come on, this is not about the matter of money. If I know such an incident will happen, I will not step into any of their photo shops. Finally, this case was dragged till late evening whereby the HQ has closed. I had no choice but to call the manager to speak to me. It was really frustrating dealing with them because they said that they will call back but they didn't do so for many times already. Huu. I called up the manager and sounded her nicely, "How long more do you want me to wait? Till tomorrow? Till next week? What kind of customer service is this!" Luckily she was polite and calm to talk to me. She finally deal a better price, so that I can compensate for any of my losses. But I don't know whether she will keep her words or not! Or else it is time to complain to the consumer tribunal.
.
Dear friends, many people are now taking things for granted on consumers because they know that consumers are afraid to make complaints, consumers do not know their consumers' rights. What for they need to improve their services to you! That is the mentality they are having now. Remember, everyone plays a role in improvising customer services. It is not about me only! Without you, it really makes a big difference!
.
Enjoy and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang