Nuffnang

Thursday 6 August 2009

No Electricity = No Need To Study

"Tak.. Tak.. Tak.. Tak.........."
.
Argh.. I hate listening to this sound in a pin-drop silent night. This means that there is an electricity breakdown in my housing area and there is only my alarm clock which is functioning. CRAP!! The worse part is I got to get out of my bed to open the window to get some cool night breeze to enter my room. But when I think of opening my windows, I will not dare see what is outside of the window because it’s kind of spooky when you see all the houses are pitch-black in colour and not even the street lights are on. Err. It’s something what you see in those deserted housing area like in movies of House of Wax or maybe Simon’s Say. It’s so eerie that until… Ok, fine.
.
This always reminds me about a camp that I went during my secondary. It’s actually a team building camp for the prefects. I can consider that this is my first camping trip in my life, not even before I join the scouts. Ok, back to the story. So the weird part of the camp was that all the participants were woken up at about 2am for jungle trekking. OH MY GOD!! I just know that I was very exhausted in the night before and I hardly have enough sleep as I just slept for about 1hour. I got no choice but I got to just follow the camp commander to enter the jungle with half of my eyes closed.
.
As you know the jungle rules, you are not allowed to shine your light here and there as to avoid getting attraction from the “penunggu”. So everyone was prohibited from taking their touch light into the jungle. As the whole group of us was walking in line through the jungle, it came to our surprise where there was a mother and a child came from no where and asked for direction in dark. I can’t really see them well as I was the 10th person in the line. I just know that they really took a lot of our time; I think it was about 15minutes that we got stuck there. So sad, this made us the blood reservoir for the mosquitoes, heaveans of heavens of luxuries for them. At that moment, the front line people were already suspecting that there was something not right about the 2people. Don’t you think that it is strange to see someone with a small kid asking for direction at about 3am in the jungle? Next, where did they go after that? Anyway, this made everyone in the midst of confusion after the jungle trekking session which ended about 6am. From that onwards, I always make my prayers before I enter the jungle or even a camping trip.
.
Enjoy and have a nice day^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang