Nuffnang

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Forgive & Forget

Wow, I am feeling so dizzy after putting on my new specs. But my dizziness doesn't stop me from reporting how my day is today! I have been seeking for so many experiences throughout my life time, but none is going to be what I experienced today.
.
I believe that a trip to drug rehabilitation center is never been one's thought. Frankly speaking, it is never be a place which you would initially think very badly. PERSADA in Sg. Besi is a drug rehab center for those voluntary cases of drug addicts. Before I have one step into the ground of the drug rehab center, I can feel that it's like a military camp whereby discipline plays the major role in all the people there. But after awhile of communication with the people around there, you will really know what they are really seeking for as you are understanding more about them.
.
Our first stop in the center is the detoxification place whereby it is located at the very far end corner of the 20 hectors land. It is quite an eerie place whereby all the "new comer" will be in that so-called jail. I described it as a jail because it is dark; the air is stagnant; the inmates are sitting or sleeping behind the bars; eating, sleeping, shitting etc will be at the same place as well. What they have is only water which is used to reduce the "cold turkey" effect when they have no drug supply. Any somehow, it doesn't really give me a very good feeling even after leaving that area. Then, we have some visiting around the whole center whereby everything around them must be neat and tidy. I don't think my bed is as tidy as theirs.
.
Later on, we actually had some talk given by the facilitators as well as experience sharing by the former drug addicts. It is good to know that REALISATION was their turning point for stopping drugs. And I can also see that there is actually a lot of regretness upon their actions before entering the drug rehab center. But the bad thing is the society is still unable to accept them into the community whereby treating them as a abnormal people or criminals. Though the people has changed thoroughly throughout the years in the drug rehab center, but the society still discriminate them. As what people always say, "People can hardly remember when you do good things, but a single bad thing is sufficient to overshadow all your kindness."
.
So friends, we must actually be a bit open-minded sometimes. I believe that everyone on earth deserves a second chance. God gave us a second chance for repentance but why do we want to deprive a human's right by looking through a narrow window. Even you have make any mistake, I truly believe that you would want other's forgiveness as well. Life is about "forgive and forget".
.
Thanks and have a nice day^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang