Nuffnang

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Perceptions on Pharmacists

I went to the bank yesterday and an auntie came up to me and asked for my help. So I just helped her to fill up the form and wait for her number to come. Then she asked me something,
.
“靓仔,你可定是还在读着书的哦?”
“是。”I answered.
“哇,很‘巴奈’(pandai) 喔!在读什么?”
“药科,读药的。”
“哇,可以赚到很多钱的哦!”
.
Then her number came already, so that was our conversation. Sometimes I really wonder why does the society has the perception that pharmacists can earn big money! In reality, the real people who are making real big money in this society are the doctors.
.
Anyway, I tried to be neutral (no bias) and think back again, but it doesn't really give me any sense at all. Here are the points, doctors do charge consultation fee which pharmacists do not charge; doctors do sell drugs at a very high profit margin but pharmacists will have no business if pharmacists do so. So where does the money come from?
.
I have came across with a lot of pharmacists, no matter they are community, hospital, academic or industrial pharmacists, I still feel that they do not live in a wealthy life. It's really no where near when compared to doctors. Doctors can really afford to buy big bungalows, Mercedes, countless credit cards and so on. Moreover, I heard that the government has cut down the allowance for pharmacists last year. So what again? Pharmacists are getting lower pay but having equal workload as the doctors.
.
Not surprising that more and more pharmacists are opening their own pharmacy as well as more and more people are taking up medic rather than pharmacy course.
.
Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang