Nuffnang

Tuesday 14 April 2009

New Dean of Faculty of Medical Science

It's a bit boring and tiring studying Aseptic Dispensing whole day long. You must be thinking that I am damn good as i still having time to blog though the quiz is tomorrow, but the truth is I know nothing about this subject. Anyway, I am a bit tensed up now but I am still in a cool mood. I don't kow why! It's a bit complicated to describe..
.
The exco-committee members of 8th PHC and I went and looked for our new dean, which is Dr. Jamal for some PHC updates. After talking and talking, I found that he is a very great guy. Hopefully that I am right with my first expression. He gave us a lot of constructive comments on what we should do and what we shouldn't do. Ok, let's not compare, I am sure he will get my vote if he has a competitor. He took us right into the point whereby many things that I really didn't think before. I still remember he said that "think like a lay person thinks". Putting in your feet into other's shoes is very important when you are organising an event which involves the public. Feel, what the public will feel; expect, what the public will expect.
.
Besides, he also said that "this is your event, please do not give others to get the glory." This event is organised by students, this event is prepared by the students, why do you let other people to finish up the show? If possible, he wants us to involve in all aspects to promote the purpose why we are there and also to build up our confidence. Be knowledgable! One more thing is "you are there to create awareness, so that people takes preventive measurement. If it's too late to prevent, suggest on how to manage." Prefect sentence to describe the role of a pharmacist. But I think we have done a great job on this point whereby we have did this in those previous sub-PHCs.
.
It think this is what I get from the meeting. Anyway, guys. I am sure the success of this upcoming PHC will pay a heavy price on our efforts.
.
*The quotations may not be the exact sentence but the meaning is still there..
.
Cheers and have a nice day^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang