Nuffnang

Saturday 16 May 2009

Say "Yes" to Blood Donation!

Even though it is still in my exam period, but it didn't stop a few of my friends and I to support the blood donation drive which organised by the nursing students from my U yesterday. In total, we have 3person from my class but initially we have4. It's because my friend's iron level is a bit too low, so they didn't allow her to donate. Nvm.. I am sure that her kindness is greatly appreciated.=p It's actually quite convenient for us that they organise this event every 3months in the U because we don't need to watch out for those blood donation campaign organised by the shopping malls etc.
.
Hye, guys.. I am sure many of you are eligible to support these event because you all are aged 18 and above. You may think that donating 450ml doesn't make a big difference but it actually does. If you donate 1time, it's equal to 450ml but what if you have donated 10times, it's almost eqiuvalent to the total of your body fluid. If I not mistaken, the highest record is 107packets of 450ml of blood. No worries. It's not life threatening at all as you can regenerate your blood very soon as you are a healthy adult. You will also be provided with iron and folic acid pills to promote your red blood cells regeneration.
.
But there are a certain criteria need to be obeyed such as minimum 5hours of sleep, no homosexual/ bisexual activities, no antibiotics taken etc... Minimum weight is 45kg. 45 to 50kg will be donating 350ml only.
.



So guys, what are you waiting for?! "Donate and save a life. You may need the blood bank tomorrow!"
.
Enjoy and have a nice day^^

2 comments:

  1. yeah. im going to donate some blood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, gd.! nice to hear tt.. *thumbs up

    ReplyDelete

Google adsense

kEv!n

Nuffnang